Bingocize® combines the game of bingo, exercise and/or health education. Groups of participants play for 45-60 minutes twice a week.
About the class
Trained lay leaders may select between three separate 100-week units that focus on exercise-only; exercise and falls prevention; or exercise and nutrition. Each 45-60 minute session consisting of exercise (range of motion, balance, muscle strengthening, and endurance exercises) and/or health education questions.
Benefits of the class
- Improved lower/upper body strength, gait, balance, and range of motion
- Improved aspects of cognition (executive function)
- Increased interaction with others
- Improved knowledge of falls risk reduction and nutrition
- Improved patient activation
Who should take the class
Bingocize® is for sedentary older adults of all physical and mental abilities in a variety of settings. These settings include certified nursing facilities, assisted living, independent living, and community senior centers.
All Texas Healthy at Home Classes
Prevent Falls Classes
Live Well Classes