This in-person training prepares class leaders to team-teach the evidence-based “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” (PTC) class to groups of 8-15 family caregivers.
About the class
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a six-week educational program proven to help caregivers take care of themselves while caring for someone else. It is a train-the-trainer model program with a detailed, scripted curriculum. To offer the class in your community, you must become a trained PTC Class Leader.
Class leader requirements:
- Have a co-leader with whom to teach the six-week caregiver class
- Group facilitation skills
- A sponsoring organization
- Experience working with family caregivers
- Agree to terms in the Class Leader Certification Agreement form
- Teach at least two caregiver class series within the first year
All Texas Healthy at Home Classes
Prevent Falls Classes
Live Well Classes