This free workshop increases dementia knowledge and confidence in caregivers’ ability to provide care.
About the class
This is a four-hour workshop paired with a “Dealing with Dementia Guide.” The comprehensive and detailed workbook is used during the workshop and also is designed to be the caregiver’s “go-to” resource for problem solving and understanding during their loved one’s disease. This is an evidence-informed program from the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregivers. It is conducted by certified Dealing with Dementia trainers from the James L. West Center for Dementia Care.
Benefits of the class
- Increased dementia knowledge
- Increased confidence in ability to provide care
- Includes a resource guide
Who should take the class
- Family caregivers of persons with dementia
- Friend caregivers of persons with dementia
All Texas Healthy at Home Classes
Prevent Falls Classes
Live Well Classes