If you have high blood pressure, heart disease, COPD, arthritis or other chronic conditions, this class is for you. You’ll develop strategies for feeling your best and connect with others who will support your journey.
About the class
This six-week class meets once a week for two-and-a-half hours. Each class includes a new topic designed to help participants dealing with chronic conditions. The class is a combination of presentations, discussion and activities with others who have similar experiences. Participants make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their plan. You will learn about
- Dealing with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Exercises for improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Use of medications Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments
An online version of the class is also offered.
Living Well with Chronic Conditions, also known as the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program®, is an evidence-based program developed by Stanford University.
Benefits of the class
- Learn how to deal with a chronic condition diagnosis
- Learn strategies for living well even with health difficulties
- Meet new friends
- Provide support and encouragement to your peers
- Become more involved in your community with your neighbors
Who should take the class
This class is for anyone who wants to improve their health and quality of life through managing their chronic conditions. It is particularly suited for people who have:
- High blood pressure
- Or another health condition that you would like to manage better
All Texas Healthy at Home Classes
Prevent Falls Classes
Live Well Classes