Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a six-week class proven to give you confidence and support to better care for your loved one—and yourself.
About the class
Weekly classes are led by experienced class leaders. Participants receive The Caregiver Helpbook to accompany the class and provide additional caregiver resources.
Benefits of the class
This class will give you the tools to
- Benefits (“benefits of the class”)
- Reduce stress
- Improve self-confidence
- Manage time, set goals and solve problems
- Communicate in challenging situations
- Make tough decisions
- Locate helpful resources
Who should take the class
- Spouse or partner of an adult with a chronic condition
- Adult child of aging parents
- Parent of a child with special health and behavioral needs
- Grandparent raising a grandchild with special needs
- Long-distance caregiver
You are a caregiver if you help a relative or friend with transportation, housekeeping, grocery shopping, personal care, medications, emotional support, doctor appointments, legal or insurance issues, social activities, living arrangements, or financial concerns.
All Texas Healthy at Home Classes
Prevent Falls Classes
Live Well Classes